After a parent has been awarded child support, they may have questions concerning how they are going to receive these payments. If a parent was awarded child support by a judge and was represented by a child support lawyer or represented themselves, the Alabama Child Support Payment Center is responsible for receiving all support payments and entering them into their computer system, according to The Alabama Department of Human Resources. Once payments are received and recorded, the Alabama Central Disbursement Division (ACDD) is responsible for disbursing child support payments.


When are child support payments processed?


Generally, once the payment center receives the support payment, the information is sent to the ACDD who then processes a payment for disbursement the next business day [Source: ACDD]. Any time a payment is sent to the payment center, a receiving parent should be provided with payment. This means that if a child’s parent sends the custodial parent a payment on a weekly basis, the ACDD should disburse payments to them weekly.


Checking on Child Support Payments


If a parent wishes to look up their child support payment history, they can click here to use the ACDD’s online tool to do so. If a parent has questions regarding the disbursement of their child support payments, they can contact the ACDD at 1-877-774-9513.


Can the ACDD help enforce a child support order?


If a parent is not paying their child support or has failed to update their information so that payments can be processed through their employer, the ACDD is not the agency that assists with enforcing child support orders. Instead, if a parent is not receiving their court-ordered child support payments, they can either contact the Alabama Child Support Enforcement Program or even a child support lawyer in Alabama.


How can a parent obtain child support in Alabama?


If a parent would like to get a child support order issued in Moody, Leeds, Springville, or any other city in the State of Alabama, they can contact Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. for help. There are several steps that must be taken before a support order will be issued and it is best to have an Alabama child support lawyer helping with this. The lawyers at Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. are qualified to provide legal assistance with various family law-related matters including child support, child custody, and even divorce.

If a parent has a question regarding collecting child support or needs help enforcing a child support order, Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. is ready and available to help.


Disclaimer: No representation is made that quality of legal services provided is greater than the quality of legal services provided by other attorneys.


Hill, Gossett, Kemp & Hufford, P.C. can be reached at:


Moody Office

2603 Moody Parkway, Suite 200

Moody, Alabama 35004

Phone: (205) 640-2000



Leeds Office

7900 Parkway Drive

Leeds, AL 35094

Phone: (205) 699-5500


Springville Office

6441 U.S. Highway 11

Springville, Alabama 35146

Phone: (205) 467-2225

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *