\Looking for specific information regarding child support? Unsure about what the process entails to get you the support you ought to have? If you are a parent who has recently divorced or separated, you may be able to claim child support from your child’s non-custodial parent to help pay for their needs and necessities.
Child support is offered to certain parents and it is important you understand the process and requirements your state currently has in place to begin the process or enforce an agreement that has already been out into place.
An issue that many parents experience when they attempt to collect child support is that the other parent goes missing, doesn’t comply with the agreement, or hires a child support attorney to represent them and get them off the hook from paying. This is one of the main reasons why you want to have your own child support attorney available and ready to represent you.
USAttorneys works with some of the best Massachusetts child support lawyers out there and can place you in contact with one who can aid you.
What Can the Child Support Enforcement Division of the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (DOR) Do for You?
Although our lawyers who practice in the field of child support law can help you, the DOC is also available to provide certain assistance. Some things they can help you with include:
- Determine what types of services are available to help establish paternity.
- Enforce and modify and support order
- Collect support payments and apply them first to satisfy current support.
- Send child support to every parent or guardian that has a child support order in place.
- Choose which enforcement remedies are best suitable for you matter and implement them in the event support isn’t being paid.
The DOC cannot:
- Get involved with parenting time.
- Provide child support enforcement services directly to children.
- Pursue criminal enforcement, with the exception of extraordinary circumstances.
- Cannot provide legal representation to you or the other parent involved in the child support case.
- Hire a private investigator to determine whether the paying parent is neglecting to report all of the income they actually take in.
While there are some things you can get accomplished through the DOC, you need to be certain that you get what you are entitled to. Our featured Massachusetts child support lawyers will assure that this happens.
Therefore, if you are dealing with any sort of child support matter, it is important you get in contact with one of our attorneys as soon as possible.